Friday, June 19, 2009

Yeah that's right.

All kettlebells, all the time. Almost. Maybe a little yoga. Some biking. Running. Yes, I said running. I am not really a fan. Or should I say I am becoming one? Doing woman-makers and running on the track has not been too shabby lately. A few times I also could be seen trail running in Valley Forge National Park. These days there has been mention from multiple fellow KB enthusiasts of a certain book entitled Born To Run. In it, there is documentation of people who run barefoot. I've known for a while now that these shoes with the crazy air pockets and cushions and such are NOT good for you. Running, walking, skipping whathaveyou. Don't forget frolicking. The Vibram 5 fingers or whatever they are are on the right track. Check out Olympic runners' shoes. They are flat as heck. What's this tell you? That our bodies were made to be able to run without implements. The closes you can get to natural movement, the better.

SO! That being said, when I ran barefoot on West Chester University's track a wee bit back, it was a good thing! Good thing it felt good too. That actually got me liking running some. The shoes I ran in thereafter are rather flat soled Pumas. You all know those peeps don't put too much razzle dazzle in the pads of their shoes. Go me!

Yeah, it was Gray Cook last night in the Kettlebell Secrets interview that was mentioned the book. And just last week Big Willy got his hands on a copy. Perhaps it may be worth taking a gander. And perhaps it may be worth running barefoot more often! Like Gray was saying, we are getting to be more like Tarzan. He rules. He didn't wear shoes! He didn't even wear clothes! Almost. I would be fine with him swinging naked through the trees...

So, I'm still training. This is a good thing. Although, as I mentioned before, I'm slacking on VO2. I haven't abandoned it completely but......
I've been dabbling in double 16kg work this week. Reminds me of way back when, when I jerked 2 16s 90 times at my first KB meet. 2005 'twas. Ah yes. Right now my forearms are feelin' it. Taught both classes last night. Did a bunch of bottoms up cleans and a few BU presses. (it was sweet to hear Gray talkin' up bottoms up C&Ps in his interview after my class) Ended the second class with last (wo)man standing swings. Diana rocked out 200 no prob. Taylor beat her record of 100 straight by adding 65 more and I came in with a cool 150 with a 24kg. Just finished up my workout for today. Double your pleasure, double your fun.....came home and did 3 body weight pistols on each side. Can't lose my pistol again. I'll be the opposite of OK with that.

Now I'm enjoying the fruits of labor that my blender has been providing me. Indeed, it was missing for a wee bit. But alas, the contraption has granted me quite marvelous post workout smoothies consisting of a mixture of any of the following fresh organic candies of nature: pineapple, blackberries, strawberries, raspberries and/or bananas. Couple that with some crushed ice, H2O, flax oil, psyllium and a couple scoops of muscle milk and YUUUUUUUUUM. Seriously good. Oh, the one day I did vanilla MM with peanut butter, a banana and some choco shavings. HOLY BALLS!

Looking forward to this Sunday. Going to Doc Cheng's workshop in his previous home state of Delaware. Should be a good time.

Hey, if anyone has a record player they don't use, would you pass it along to me??? I acquired a smashing stack of old dusty, super-sweet vinyl. I NEED a record player. BADLY. One of the records is electronic music from the 60s!!! Can you believe that crap? Who knew people were doing such things then. The time of peace and flowers and psychedelics. Oh, wait....

I'd rather be called the Acquirer than the Accumulator. Accumulator sounds cooler but it has this connotation of a bunch of crap. I've been acquiring many useful things. Mostly all from clients of various jobs. Reclining chair, tv, dvd/vcr player, kitchen items, coffee maker, cool square lamps, a sweet spiral ring, a wind chime, music, IKEA table, tv stand, office chair. The list goes on. Thanks everyone!

I know I said expect pictures...I've been busy/lazy. Here's one from when Dave Whitley was in town. My two favorite Big W's. Enjoy. Ahhhahahahahahaahahaaaaa.

No comments:

Post a Comment